Supplies Used: Adhesive flat dot, Construction paper or cardstock, Pencil, Spool of thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Pencil Pal, Tree using green construction paper or cardstock. Die-cut a Tiny Star using yellow paper (Figure A).
- Accordion fold the tree on all the perforations (Figure B).
- Thread a pencil through the holes, aligning the top of the tree with the tip of the pencil lead. It is designed to be a snug fit, so no glue is required (Figure C).
- Open the pleats, and space them on the pencil.
- Place an adhesive flat dot on the center of the star and attach the star to the top of the tree if desired (Figure D).
- To stand up the tree, poke the eraser end of the pencil through the hole in a spool of thread (Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D