Keep track of classroom activities with a classroom calendar.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock, Construction paper, Pen, Pencil, Ruler, Scissors, White correction pen
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut a large sheet of paper or cardstock for the calendar.
- Make a 4" guide for the month at the top of the calendar, a 2" guide for the days of the week, a 3" guide for all horizontal lines and a 3 1/2" guide for all vertical lines.
- Use the guides to make a grid for the calendar.
- Die-cut two of each month from Word, Month shapes using contrasting colors of construction paper. Leave one shape whole.
- Trim every other letter from the other month shape and adhere to the whole month shape.
- Die-cut the Days of the Week and trim to fit the grid.
- Die-cut 28 Hearts. Number the days of the month on the Hearts with a white correction pen.
- Attach the numbered Hearts to the grid in the proper order (Main Photo).
- A personalized cupcake can be added to the calendar to celebrate a student's birthday.