Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, colored markers or pens, Letter stickers, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Puzzle Pieces using cardstock or construction paper.
- Die-cut a butterfly from Butterflies #4 (or cut a picture from a magazine or draw a butterfly).
- Students can add details to the butterfly with crayons, colored markers or pens.
- Place adhesive on the back of the butterfly and attach to the middle Puzzle Piece.
- Attach an English word with letter stickers (or have the students write the word) on the beginning Puzzle Piece.
- Attach a corresponding Spanish word with letter stickers (or have the students write the word) on the end Puzzle Piece.
- Students can combine the Puzzle Pieces to practice their foreign language skills (Main Photo).
- Repeat this process for every new word (Figures A & B).
- Figure A
- Figure B