Geometric Bean Bags
Use geometric shapes to make bean bags for math and language fun.
Theme: Decorative Elements
Supplies Used: Dried black-eyed peas or beans, Embroidery thread, Felt, Needle, Self-adhesive felt
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut two circles from the Geometrics Set using felt to make a bag.
- Die-cut one or two Stars using self-adhesive felt. Peel the backing from the Star and adhere to the center of the bag.
- With a needle and embroidery thread, whipstitch around the edge of the bag, leaving an opening for filling the bag (Figure A).
- Fill the bag with dried peas or beans, and stitch the opening on the bag closed (Main Photo).
- Use the bean bags in various games of skill practice.
- Figure A