|1 yd||Blue denim||Cut (34) Scallop Squares|
|1 yd||White with blue posies print||Cut (34) Scallop Squares|
|Fat 1/4||Yellow print||Cut (12) Flowers|
Cut (4) Scallop Squares
|6" x 6"||Green solid||Cut (2) Leaves|
|1/2 yd||Low loft batting||Cut (34) 3" Squares|
|1||Set of Purse handles|
- Finished Size: 12" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/2" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Project:
- Place one 3" batting Square between two denim or two white with blue posies print Scallop Squares, wrong sides together; sew an "X" in the center of the three layers, starting and ending 1/2" from each end. Repeat 33 times.
- To sew blocks together, layer Scallop Squares, back sides together and sew. The front seam between two blocks will have four scalloped edges visible and the backside will not have visible scallops.
- Sew 4 blocks together, alternating prints, for the purse bottom and set aside.
- Arrange the Scallop Squares in rows, alternating prints, 10 across by 3 down.
- Sew 10 blocks together. Repeat to form 2 more rows.
- Sew the 3 rows together to form the purse top.
- Sew side seam to complete the purse body.
- Sew the row of four blocks to the purse body to form the purse bottom.
- Clip any excess threads. Wash the purse several times to soften and achieve frayed rag look.
- Fold yellow Scallop Square in half, right sides together and sew down one side using a 1/4" seam allowance. Flip inside-out and press. Tuck under the raw edges, place handle through purse handle loop and stitch in place at the base of row one of the purse body. Repeat three more times to secure the purse handles in place on both sides of the purse.
- Fold the Flower shape in half then half again. Arrange to form a layered petal Flower. Repeat with remaining 11 Flowers. Stack folded Flowers and stitch button to hold them in place. Sew or hot-glue Leaves in place.