Express Your Purse-onality Quilt
Accessorize for impact! All the girl glamour you need is right here with this purse-onal statement of elegant embellished detail.
|(3) Fat 1/4||Black prints||Cut (5) Purses*|
Cut (4) Purse Flaps*
Cut (5) Purse Handles*
|(2) Fat 1/4||White prints||Cut (4) Purses*|
Cut (5) Purse Flaps*
Cut (4) Purse Handles*
|1 yd||Bright pink||Cut (9) 9 1/2" Squares|
|1 yd||Black print||Cut (10) 1 1/2" x 9 1/2" Strips|
Cut (4) 4 1/2" x 29 1/2" Strips
|5" Square||White||Cut (4) 1 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|1 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 40" Square|
|40" x 40"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 37" x 37"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Place a Purse on top a 9 1/2" Square. Heat fuse in place using an iron and stitch around the shapes as desired. Embellish as desired using circles (included on the die) or buttons for closures. Repeat to make eight more Purse blocks.
- See the quilt photo for row lay out. Alternate sewing three Purse blocks and two 1 1/2" x 9 1/2" black Rectangles to form a Purse block and sashing row. Make three rows.
- Alternate sewing three 1 1/2" x 9 1/2" black Rectangles and two 1 1/2" white cornerstones to form the sashing row. Make two rows.
- Sew horizontal rows together, starting at the top with the Purse block and sashing row, and alternating with a sashing row to form the finished quilt top.
- Sew the 4 1/2" side borders to the quilt top first. Then sew the top and bottom borders to the quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.