|1/2 yd||Background fabric||Cut (1) 12 1/2" x 25"|
|(3) 6" x 12"||Purple batiks||Cut (12) Small Petals|
Cut (12) Medium Petals
Cut (12) Large Petals
Cut (3) Extra Large Petals
|5" Square||Yellow print||Cut (1) 3" Circle|
|Fat 1/4||Dark green print||Cut (1) 1" wide Strip on the bias to form a Stem|
|5" Square||Purple print||Cut (1) Tumbler|
|1/2 yd||Binding and border fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips for borders|
Cut (3) 2 1/2" Strips for binding
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
- Finished Size: 27 3/4" x 15 1/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Assembling the Project:
- Make stacks of the four different size Petals. Arrange the flower Petals around the yellow center. Start with the largest Petals and layer to the smallest size petals on the top. Pin in place on the background.
- Place the 3" Circle in place and top stitch in place.
- Starting from the center, sew the Petals down using a straight stitch.
- Make the stem by pressing 1/4" from the edge into the center of the Strip on each of the lengthwise edges. Arrange the Stem with a gentle curve from under the flower Petal to the pot. Top stitch in place.
- Place the Tumbler flower pot at the base of the stem and stitch in place.
- Sew the 2 1/2" x 25" side borders to the background.
- Sew the 2 1/2" x 15 1/4" top and bottom to the background.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.