Christmas Trees & Reindeer Stocking
Looking for a merry weekend project? Look no further than this simple and festive creation, designed to hold all kinds of special memories, unforgettable presents and goodies that fit easily through a jolly-sized wide opening.
|3/4 yd||White wool||Cut (2) mirror image Stockings for the lining
Cut (1) 6" x 21"
|1/2 yd||Blue denim||Cut (2) mirror image Stockings for the outside|
|1/4 yd||Navy wool||Cut (5) Trees|
|10" square||Light blue wool||Cut (1) of each Letter to spell your message|
|6" x 12"||White fake fur||Cut (2) Reindeer|
|1/4 yd||White cording|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 18 1/2" x 12 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 3/8" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Use blanket stitch to appliqué the shapes onto the front piece of stocking. Embellish with bells.
- Place finished front on top of corresponding quilt piece and do the same with the back piece.
- Place wrong sides together and pin and sew the straight edge on the toe side first to the ankle. Iron this seam flat.
- Place white wool strip on the inside of the opened stocking, white wool side facing in, at the top of stocking and sew.
- Close the stocking (wrong sides facing) and finish sewing together all the way to the end of the white wool .
- Flip the white wool over the top of the stocking and fold down.
- Make a loop with the cording and sew it to the inside top seam of the heel side of the stocking.