|(3) Fat 1/8||Assorted red prints||Cut (8) Small Hearts*|
Cut (4) Medium Hearts*
Cut (4) Large Hearts*
|1/2 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (2) 13" Squares|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
|13" Square||Low loft batting|
|1||12" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 12" x 12"
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 13" Square for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside back for now.
- Fold pillow front background fabric in half and press. Fold in half again to make a square and press. Fold opposite corners together to form a triangle and press. Unfold fabric. The pressed folds will intersect at the center of the square to help you arrange the center motif.
- Refer to the pillow picture for placement. Following the diagonal pressed lines, place the smallest Heart shape near the center of the square. Next place another of the small Hearts on the diagonal followed by a medium-sized Heart. Press into place.
- The largest Heart gets placed on the vertical and horizontal grid lines. Press into place.
- Topstitch Hearts in place.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 5/8" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.