Quarter Circles Celebration Pillow
For all-around inspiration, nothing beats this Quarter Circles Celebration Pillow. It has all the geometric goodness to grab anyone's attention and easily works within the principles of good design. Follow the directions and begin your full-circle experience!
|1/2 yd total||Background fabric||Cut (16) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd total||Assorted prints||Cut (16) Drunkard's Path Quarter Circles*|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 17" Square|
|17" x 17"||Low loft batting|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Project:
- Place a Drunkard's Path Quarter Circle on top of a 4 1/2" gray Square. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Repeat 15 more times.
- Refer to the pillow picture for placement. Sew four Squares together so Quarter Circles form a complete circle. Repeat 3 times.
- Sew all four blocks together to create the pillow top.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 5/8" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.