|1/3 yd||Red print||Cut (16) Candy Swirls*|
|1/3 yd||White||Cut (16) 4" Circles*|
|1/2 yd||Background fabric||Cut (16) 5" Squares|
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 20" Square|
|21" x 21"||Low loft batting|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 20" x 20"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Project:
- Layer a Candy Swirl, 4" Circle and 5" Square.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to create 15 more Candy Swirl blocks.
- Sew the Candy Swirl blocks together, four across by four down to create the pillow top.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 3/8" seam allowance, leaving an opening to turn the pillow right-side-out.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, stuff pillow to desired loft and whipstitch closed.