Floral Table Mat
Make quick and easy embellishments to complement your table settings for your next party with this creative table mat project. The same concept can be used to decorate table runners or pillows for your outdoor entertaining space.
|Fat 1/8||Pink print||Cut (3) Large Flowers*|
|Fat 1/8||Yellow print||Cut (3) Small Flowers*|
|Fat 1/4||Lime print||Cut (2) 10" Circles|
|1 package||Pink rick-rack|
|11" x 11"||Low loft batting||Cut (1) 10" Circle|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 10" Circle
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Pin rick-rack around the perimeter of the top.
- Sandwich the backing and top, right sides together, with the batting at the bottom.
- Carefully sew around the perimeter.
- Make a 2 1/2" snip in the top in a place that will be covered up by Flowers. Turn right-side-out using the center hole.
- Arrange the Flowers in a pleasing manner on top of the table mat, making sure to cover the hole. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.