Half-Square Triangles Coaster
Almost too pretty to use! Create your own personalized coasters to accent any décor.
|5" x 10"||Yellow print||Cut (16) Half-Square Triangles|
|5" x 10"||Gray print||Cut (16) Half-Square Triangles|
|5" x 5"||Backing fabric|
|5" x 5"||Low loft batting|
- Finished Size: 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Project:
- Pair one yellow with one gray Half-Square Triangle and sew the diagonal seam to form a Square. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles are sewn together to form square blocks.
- Sew the 16 blocks together, 4 across by 4 down. Press. Be sure the yellow is placed in the same corner in all blocks.
- Sandwich the backing and top right sides together with the batting on the bottom.
- Pin and sew, leaving an opening to turn the coaster right-side-out.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out and whipstitch closed.
- Quilt a square around the center 4 blocks.