|1 1/2 yd||Light blue fabric||Cut (20) Dresden Plate blades|
Cut (1) 22" Circle for backing
Cut (1) 4" Circle*
|Fat 1/4||Black print||Cut (7) Large Penguin shapes*|
|Fat 1/4||White print||Cut (7) Small Penguin shapes*|
|Fat 1/8||Orange print||Cut (7) Sets of Feet and Bills*|
|5" x 5"||Dark blue print||Cut (7) Sets of Eyes*|
|1 package||Black rick-rack|
|23" x 23"||Low loft batting||Cut (1) 22" Circle|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 22" x 22"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew 20 Dresden Plate blades together to form the table topper. Press seams to one side.
- Place the Penguins evenly around the table topper. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.
- Pin rick-rack around the perimeter of the top.
- Sandwich the backing and top, right sides together, with the batting at the bottom.
- Carefully sew around the perimeter.
- Turn right-side-out using the center hole.
- Stitch around the perimeter.
- Place the 4" Circle to cover the center hole. Trim with rick-rack. Stitch around as desired.