Tangerine Dream Pillow
All this beauty, and it took only one die to create! Tip and turn these versatile die-cut triangle shapes in different directions to create a whole new block selection.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|Yardage||Fabric||Cutting Instructions||1/2 yd||Tangerine print||Cut (32) Triangles
Cut (2) 12" x 1 1/2" wide Strips
Cut (2) 14" x 1 1/2" wide Strips
Cut (1) 14 1/2" Square
|Fat 1/4||White with black polka-dot print||Cut (32) Triangles|
|15" x 15"||Low loft batting|
|1||14" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 14" x 14"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
Piecing the Project:
- Lay out Triangles as shown in photo above.
- Sew pairs of Triangles together.
- Sew those pairs together matching the center seams. This makes an X shape. Press towards the tangerine fabric.
- Sew Triangle blocks together, 4 rows across by 4 down.
- Sew the 12" x 1 1/2" Tangerine Strips to the sides of the pillow top. Then sew the 14" x 1 1/2" Strips to the top and bottom of the pillow top. Press.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.