Easy Squares Rag Quilt
Go back to square one. Actually, this cuddly quilt is a bit more advanced than that, but it sure is easy to complete thanks to the Rag Square Die from Sizzix that truly revolutionizes the way you cut and quilt!
|4 yd||Pink flannel print||Cut (168) Rag Quilt Squares|
|4 yd||Pink flannel polka-dot print||Cut (168) Rag Quilt Squares|
|45" x 60"||Batting (optional)||Cut (168) 3" Squares (optional)|
- Finished Size: 35" x 40 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- If using batting, place one 3" batting Square between one pink flannel print and one pink flannel polka-dot print, wrong sides together; sew an "X" in the center of the three layers. Repeat 167 times.
- If not using batting, layer one Rag Quilt Square from each print together, wrong sides together, and sew. Repeat 167 times.
- Sew 12 blocks together, alternating prints to form a row. Repeat to form 13 more rows.
- Sew the 14 rows together to form the finished quilt.
- Clip any excess threads. Wash quilt several times to soften and achieve frayed rag look.