Color Layers Quilt
It's back to the basics. Sizzix Quilt Strips Dies cut quick and precise strips that can easily be sewn into rows to make colorful combinations come alive.
|1/2 yd each||5 Complimentary fabrics||Cut (3) 4" wide Strips from each fabric|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|45" x 60"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 40" x 52 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange the 4" Strips in a pleasing manner.
- Sew the Strips together, working from the top to the bottom. Line up the left edge of the Strips. The right edges may not line up.
- Using a long ruler, square up the sides of the quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.