Blue Jay OrnamentProject #14257
Birds are beautiful. Especially when they're part of our Classic Christmas Ornaments collection. Follow the directions below (no need to wing it) and explore a timeless idea worth chirping about.
Products Used659272-Sizzix Bigz Die - Blue Jay
|5" x 12"||Light blue wool||Cut (2) Blue Jays|
|1||Light blue embroidery floss|
|1||Royal blue embroidery floss|
|1||Gold embroidery floss|
|10"||Royal blue yarn|
|1 package||Green sequins|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Assembling the Project:
- Embellish the front of one Blue Jay using embroidery floss, sequins and a small bead.
- Place the Blue Jays wrong sides together and pin.
- Fold the 10" length of yarn in half and tie a knot an inch from the end.
- Pin the yarn in place at the top of the Blue Jays.
- Using a blanket stitch, sew around perimeter of Blue Jays leaving an opening to stuff. Be sure to sew the yarn loop in place.
- Stuff with polyester fiberfill to desired loft.
- Stitch hole closed.