Dress up your favorite lamp in with lampshade created with a Bigz XL Dresden Plate die. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make this colorful DIY sewing project.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1/2 yd total||Assorted medium orange prints||Cut (14) Dresden Plate blades|
|1/2 yd total||Assorted dark orange prints||Cut (14) Dresden Plate blades|
|1/4 yd total||Assorted yellow prints||Cut (6) Dresden Plate blades|
|3 yd||Orange rick-rack|
|1 yd||Orange grosgrain ribbon|
- Finished Size: 11" Tall
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew one dark orange Dresden Plate blade to a yellow Dresden Plate blade, then add a medium orange Dresden Plate blade. Press seams open. Continue adding more Dresden Plate blades, alternating the colors using more orange than yellow.
- Finish raw edges if desired.
- Pin grosgrain ribbon to upper edge of lampshade opening, leaving a 2 1/2" gap for the ribbon to tie. Stitch at lower edge of ribbon. Trim ends of ribbon diagonally.
- Pin rick-rack trim to lower edge of lampshade opening, beginning at back side of lampshade (where the ribbon will be tied). Overlap rick-rack, turning under raw edge. Stitch in center of rick-rack to secure.