Button TomatoesProject #14285
Want a taste of something truly sweet and fresh from the farm? These button tomatoes can be made using a charm pack for a variety of fabrics, or for a planned look, use new yardage.
Project courtesy of Lisa Elston.
Products Used656339-Sizzix Bigz Die - Stars 657603-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle, 3 1/2" 657604-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle, 4"
|(6) 5" Squares||Assorted red and green prints||Cut (6) Circles, various sizes|
|(4) 5" Squares||Assorted green prints||Cut (12) Small and Medium Stars* for tomato tops|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Sizes: 1 1/2" x 1" - 2" x 1 1/2"
- * = Adhere fabric wrong sides together with fusible adhesive before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Sew a running stitch 1/4" away from the outer edge of each Circle. Leaving your thread long, pull threads tight gathering outer edge of Circle to create tomato, leaving open to stuff.
- Stuff each tomato with polyester fiberfill to desired loft. When complete, pull threads completely together and secure with a knot.
- Hot-glue two Stars to each tomato top, offsetting placement so points of lower Star show.
- Hot-glue threaded buttons onto tomato Stars.