|1 yd||Brown print||Cut (2) mirror image Cowboy Boots*|
Cut (3) 1/2" wide Strips* on the bias
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips for binding
|3/4 yd||Newsprint fabric||Cut (1) 24" x 24" for the background|
Cut (1) 26" x 26" for the backing
|Fat 1/8||Red print||Cut (2) Stars*|
Cut (2) Boot Tabs*
|Fat 1/8||Blue print||Cut (2) mirror images Flourish details*|
|Fat 1/8||Gold print||Cut (2) mirror image Boot ankle details*|
|26" x 26"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 24" x 24"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Quilt:
- Arrange Cowboy Boots on the background. Place Cowboy Boot parts on top of Cowboy Boot.
- When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron and stitch around shapes as desired.
- Heat fuse the brown 1/2" bias Strips in place with an iron to resemble Rope. When fusing, it helps to slightly pull the bias Strip while following with an iron to create curves. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.