|Fat 1/4||Linen||Cut (1) 12 1/2" x 15 1/2" for background|
|Fat 1/4||Red print||Cut (1) Truck*|
Cut (44) Triangles
|1/2 yd||Green with red flowers print||Cut (2) Trees*, one of each size|
Cut (26) Triangles
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|Fat 1/8||Green on green swirls print||Cut (2) Trees*, one of each size|
|6" Square||Dark green print||Cut (1) Big Tree*|
|6" Square||Green plaid print||Cut (1) Small Tree*|
|Fat 1/4||Cream print||Cut (18) Triangles|
|6" Square||Brown print||Cut (2) Small Tree Trunks*|
Cut (3) Big Tree Trunks*
Cut (2) Wheels*
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric|
|22" x 28"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 18 3/4" x 21 3/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Arrange five Trees in a pleasing manner on the background. Heat fuse in place with an iron and stitch around shapes as desired.
- Place a Tree inside bed of Truck and arrange wheels on Truck. Heat fuse in place with an iron and stitch around shapes as desired.
- For the Triangle border, see photo for reference. Sew one cream print Triangle to one red print Triangle. Sew one red print Triangle to one green print Triangle. See Diagram 1. Repeat 17 times.
- For the corners, sew two red print Triangles to two green print Triangles. See Diagram 2.
- Sew two sets of four blocks together to form the side borders. Sew the side borders to the background, placing the cream print Triangles towards the middle.
- Sew two sets of five blocks to form the top and bottom borders. Sew corners onto the end of each five-block row. See Diagram 3.
- Sew top and bottom borders onto the background, placing the cream print Triangles towards the middle.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure 1
- Figure 2
- Figure 3