Dream it. Design it. Display it. Sizzix makes it possible with stylish shapes you can create with the Big Shot or fabi machines for appliqué or quilting.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1 2/3 yd||Background fabric||Cut (1) 39 1/2" x 59"|
|1/2 yd total||Assorted prints||Cut (21) Equilateral Triangles*|
|3/4 yd||Solid orange||Cut (9) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|46" x 66"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 39 1/2" x 59"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- With wrong sides together, fold and press the long sides of three 2 1/2" orange Strips.
- Drape three orange Strips across the background as desired. Pin in place.
- Sew the raw edges of the orange Strips, using a 1/4" seam, leaving the folded side open until Triangles are in place.
- Arrange Triangles next to the orange Strips so that when the Strip is folded over itself, it covers the raw edge of the Triangles.
- Fold the Strip over the top of the Triangles and heat fuse Triangles in place with an iron. Sew the Strip in place by hand or machine. Stitch around Triangles as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.