Up, up and away! This beautiful Kite Banner only takes two dies to create! The Wacky Web easily converts to a dimensional banner with a few quick steps.
|(7) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (4) Wacky Web kite shapes from each print|
|1/4 yd||White flannel||Cut (2) 2" wide Strips x WOF|
|Assorted ribbon and rick-rack|
- Finished Size: 11" x 81"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Pin ribbons across a Wacky Web. Pin a 1/2" length of ribbon to the top and a 5" length of ribbon or rick-rack to the bottom point. Layer two Wacky Webs, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/4" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 2 1/2" long.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners. Turn right-side out and topstitch around the perimeter.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to form 13 more kites.
- Sew strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press. Fold again and press.
- Sew the folded edges of the strip together, catching the top ribbon of each kite about every 4".