X-quisite Batik Pillow
Follow this amazing pattern and watch great things take shape! It's sure to grab anyone's attention and easily works within the principles of good design.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1/2 yd||Turquoise batik||Cut (1) 17" Square for the pillow back|
Cut (18) Trapezoids*
|(9) 5" Squares||Blue batiks||Cut (9) pairs of Half-Square Triangles|
|17" x 17"||Low loft batting|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = All fabric must be cut either face-up or face-down.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew a blue Half-Square Triangle to a turquoise Trapezoid to create a rectangle. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles are sewn to Trapezoids.
- Arrange the rectangles in horizontal rows in a pleasing manner, 3 across by 6 down. Tip and turn the rectangles to achieve desired pattern.
- Sew 3 blocks together to form a row. Repeat to form 5 more rows.
- Sew the 6 rows together to form the pillow top.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.