It's as easy as 1-2-3. Sizzix quilting dies create shapes that can be replicated thousands of times for any unique possibility ... even a calculatedly creative quilt!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1/3 yd total||Assorted prints||Cut (17) 5" Circles*|
|Fat 1/4||Black print||Cut (16) 1/2" wide Strips x WOF*|
|1 3/4 yd||Background fabric||Cut (1) 43 1/2" x 52"|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 3/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|44" x 58"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 42 1/2" x 51"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Quilt:
- Fold background fabric in half and press. Fold in half again and press. Unfold fabric. The pressed folds will intersect at the center of the square to help you arrange the Sputnik spokes.
- Arrange the 1/2" Strips to form spokes. Trim the Strips to a variety of lengths.
- Place a Circle at the end of each spoke. Place a Circle in the center to hide where the spokes come together.
- When pleased with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.