Reversible Ring Coaster
Turn the ordinary into the extraordinary! With Sizzix quilting dies as your building blocks to creativity, you can create a masterpiece like this or anything else you can imagine!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|5" Square||Red print||Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Rectangle|
|5" Square||Stripe print||Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Rectangle|
|5" Square||Blue print||Cut (1) 1" x 4 1/2" Strip|
|6" x 12"||Osnaburg fabric||Cut (2) 5" Circles*|
|6" Square||Low loft batting||Cut (1) 5" Circles|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 5" Circle
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Sew the blue print Strip between the Rectangles. Press the seams open. This forms the fabric to cutout the Ring. Iron fusible adhesive to the wrong side of the pieced fabric.
- Cut a Ring out of the pieced fabric, reserving the 2 1/2" Circle cut-out for the back of the Coaster.
- Place the Ring on top of an Osnaburg Circle. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.
- Place the 2 1/2" Circle on top of the other Osnaburg Circle. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.
- Layer batting between the Osnaburg Circles. Heat fuse Circles to the batting with an iron. Stitch around the perimeter, as desired, to form a reversible coaster.