Layered Batik Scallop Flowers Wall Hanging
Stand out in style! Colors come alive in this eye-catching pattern that's sure to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
|(7) 10" Squares||Assorted batiks||Cut (7) 6" Scallop Circles*|
|(7) 10" Squares||Assorted batiks||Cut (7) 8" Scallop Circles*|
|(2) 10" Squares||Green batik||Cut (11) Large Leaves*|
Cut (3) Small Leaves*
|2 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (2) 29" x 35" Rectangles|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|32" x 42"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 28 1/2" x 35"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Layer the 6" Scallop Circles with 8" Scallop Circles. Arrange each pair onto the background in a pleasing manner. Tuck a pair of Leaves under each set.
- When pleased with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.