|Fat 1/4||Pink ombre||Cut (5) Tulips*|
|Fat 1/4||Green ombre||Cut (5) 1/2" wide Strips* x WOF|
|2/3 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (2) 18" x 22" Rectangles|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|20" x 26"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 17 1/2" x 21 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange the Tulips and 1/2" Strips in a pleasing manner on the background fabric to form flowers with stems.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.