Artists' Village Pillow
Create a quick and easy pillow to match any décor. They are great add-ons to any quilt. Use your favorite Appliqué dies to get started.
|(8) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (3) Squares to form House bases*|
Cut (2) Half-Square Triangles to form Roofs*
Cut (1) Isosceles Triangle to form Roof*
Cut (3) Roof Embellishments*, one of each style
Cut (2) Window Pane Grids*, save squares for window embellishments on other Houses
Cut (2) Arched Doors*
Cut (1) Rectangular Door*
|(1) Fat 1/4||Purple with red polka-dot print||Cut (1) 14" Square for the background|
|1/2 yd||Red print||Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
Sub-cut into (2) 2 1/2" x 14 1/2" and (2) 2 1/2" x 18 1/2"
|(1) Fat 1/4||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 18 1/2" Square|
|22" x 22"||Batting|
|1||18" Square pillow form|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 18" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange three Triangles with three Squares to form three Houses on the background. Embellish each House with Windows, a Roof Embellishment and a Door. Trim the Window Pane Grid to be a single, large Square Window, if desired.
- When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Sew the 2 1/2" x 14 1/2" Strips onto each side of the background. Press. Then sew the 2 1/2" x 18 1/2" Strips onto the top and bottom of the background. Press.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.