|1/3 yd||Solid white||Cut (1) 12" x 42"|
|3/4 yd||Pink Moroccan print||Cut (1) 27" x 42"|
|1/4 yd||Solid pink||Cut (1) 2 1/2" x 42"|
|Fat 1/4||Dark pink print||Cut (5) Small Flowers*|
|Fat 1/4||Light pink print||Cut (5) Medium Flowers*|
|Fat 1/4||Medium pink print||Cut (5) Large Flowers*|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 31 3/4" x 20 1/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the white fabric wrong sides together and press the fold. Open. Place the Flowers in a pleasing manner on one half of the fold only. When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Place the white fabric right-side-up. Fold the solid pink fabric in half, wrong sides together. Place the raw edge of the solid pink fabric along the raw edged of the white fabric and pin together. Next, place the pink Moroccan fabric right-side-down on top of the other fabrics, lining up the raw edges, pinning all the pieces together. Rolling up the pink Moroccan fabric, bring up the white fabric from underneath and pin it at the top with the others to form a tube. This will enclose all pieces of the pillowcase inside the white border. This is sometimes called the "Hot Dog" or "Tube" method of making a pillowcase.
- Sew along the raw edge. Carefully pull the pink Moroccan fabric out of the tube. This will enclose the seam inside the white fabric. Press.
- Create a French seam by folding the pillowcase wrong sides together. Sew down the side only. Turn inside-out. Sew a 5/8" seam down the side only.
- Repeat step 4 to sew the bottom seam.
- Fold right-side-out and press.