Candy Swirl Mini Christmas Tree Skirt
Capture the sights of the season in every merry detail. This sweet tree skirt is just some of the holiday décor in store for you from Sizzix.
Theme: Holidays & Celebrations, Christmas
|1 1/2 yd||Green Christmas print||Cut (20) Dresden Plate blades|
Cut (1) 22" Circle for backing
|Fat 1/8||Solid white||Cut (7) 4" Circles*|
|Fat 1/8||Red print||Cut (7) Candy Swirls*|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 package||Red rick-rack|
- Finished Size: 21" x 21"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Sew 20 Dresden Plate blades together to form a circle. Do not sew the first and last blades together. Press the seams to one side.
- Pin rick-rack around the perimeter of the top.
- Place the 22" Circle backing face-to-face with the topper.
- Place the batting on top of the backing.
- Carefully sew the layers together.
- Flip inside-out.
- Stitch around the perimeter.
- Layer a Candy Swirl over a 4" Circle.
- Place the Candies evenly around the background circle. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around, as desired.
- Tack 8" of rick-rack at the top and bottom of the first and last blades to form ties.