Candy Swirl Mini Christmas Tree SkirtProject #14900
Capture the sights of the season in every merry detail. This sweet tree skirt is just some of the holiday décor in store for you from Sizzix.
Products Used657604-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circle, 4" 658884-Sizzix Bigz XL Die - 10" Dresden Plate 658096-Sizzix Bigz Die - Candy Swirl Insert, 4"
|1 1/2 yd||Green Christmas print||Cut (20) Dresden Plate blades|
Cut (1) 22" Circle for backing
|Fat 1/8||Solid white||Cut (7) 4" Circles*|
|Fat 1/8||Red print||Cut (7) Candy Swirls*|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 package||Red rick-rack|
- Finished Size: 21" x 21"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Sew 20 Dresden Plate blades together to form a circle. Do not sew the first and last blades together. Press the seams to one side.
- Pin rick-rack around the perimeter of the top.
- Place the 22" Circle backing face-to-face with the topper.
- Place the batting on top of the backing.
- Carefully sew the layers together.
- Flip inside-out.
- Stitch around the perimeter.
- Layer a Candy Swirl over a 4" Circle.
- Place the Candies evenly around the background circle. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around, as desired.
- Tack 8" of rick-rack at the top and bottom of the first and last blades to form ties.