Beach House Pillow
Catch a new wave in home décor! To create this beach-themed project, play with the triangles to create a design that makes a splash in the color scheme of your choice!
|1/2 yd||Royal blue solid||Cut (8) Right Triangles|
Cut (1) 18" Square for the backing
|1/4 yd||Turquoise solid||Cut (16) 2 1/2" Squares|
Cut (4) 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Rectangles
|1/4 yd||White solid||Cut (20) 2 1/2" Squares|
Cut (4) Isosceles Triangles
|5" x 5"||Yellow solid||Cut (1) 4 1/2" Square|
|18" x 18"||Low loft batting|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Project:
- Sew four turquoise 2 1/2" Squares to the five white 2 1/2" Squares, three across by three down to form a nine-patch block, as seen in the image above. Make three more nine-patch blocks.
- Sew blue Right Triangles to each side of a white Isosceles Triangle to form a triangle in a square block, as seen in the image above. Make three more triangle in a square blocks.
- Sew a turquoise 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" Rectangle to each triangle in a square block.
- See image above for block placement. Sew blocks together, three across by three down, to form the pillow top.
- Layer the batting and pillow top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.