|1 yd||Blue with white dots print||Cut (9) 8 1/2" Squares for the background|
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|1/4 yd||White solid||Cut (3) 1 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
Sub-cut into (12) 1 1/2" x 8" Strips
|(11) Fat 1/4||Assorted pink and yellow prints||Cut (40) large Leaves*|
Cut (48) small Leaves*
Cut (5) 3/4" Circles*
Cut (4) 1 1/2" Squares
|1 yd||Backing fabric|
|30" x 30"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 26" x 26"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Fold each 8 1/2" background Square in half and press. Fold in half again and press. Unfold fabric. The pressed folds will intersect at the center to help you arrange the Leaves.
- Place eight large Leaves on an 8 1/2" background Square, positioning the tip of each Leaf towards the middle and tucking half of the last Leaf under the first Leaf to resemble a fan. Place a 3/4" Circle in the middle of the fan. When pleased with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Repeat to make four more large Leaves blocks.
- Place twelve small Leaves on an 8 1/2" background Square, positioning the Leaves as shown in the image above. When pleased with the arrangement, heat fuse in place using an iron. Repeat to make three more small Leaves blocks.
- See the quilt photo for block placement. Alternate sewing three 8 1/2" blocks and two 1 1/2" x 8" white Strips to form a block and sashing row. Make three rows.
- Alternate sewing three 1 1/2" x 8" white Strips and 1 1/2" Squares to form a sashing and cornerstone row. Make two rows.
- Sew horizontal rows together, starting at the top with the block and sashing row, and alternating with a sashing and cornerstone row to form the finished quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.