Tea for Two Wall HangingProject #14904
Is it tea time? Any time is the right time for tea with this custom-designed Tea for Two Wall Hanging. Pour on your special touches in just a few simple steps!
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658093-Sizzix Bigz Die - Tea Cup & Saucer 658118-Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Tea Pot
|3/8 yd||Cream and green polka-dot print||Cut (1) 14" x 20" for the background|
|Fat 1/4||Floral print||Cut (1) Tea Pot*|
|Fat 1/8||Dark blue polka-dots print||Cut (2) insides of Tea Cups*|
Cut (2) Tea Cup Handles*
Cut (2) Saucers*
|Fat 1/8||Floral print #2||Cut (2) Tea Cups*|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|14" x 20"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 12" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange the Tea Pot, Tea Cups and Saucers in a pleasing manner on the background, layering as desired.
- When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around shapes, as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.