Ripples Blossom Wall Hanging
For DIY home decorating and so much more, Sizzix is your source for inspiration. Imagine how lovely our Ripples Blossom Wall Hanging would look on your wall or mantelpiece!
|3/4 yd total||Assorted pink prints||Cut (32) Small Ripples*|
Cut (8) Large Ripples*
|2 1/4 yd||Gray print||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding|
Cut (1) 32" Square for the background
Cut (1) 35" Square for the backing
|36" x 36"||Batting|
|2 packages||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|13||Assorted gold crystals|
- Finished Size: 32" x 32"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the background fabric in half and press. Fold in half again and press. Unfold fabric. The pressed folds will intersect at the center to help you arrange the center blossom.
- Arrange eight Large Ripples and four Small Ripples in a pleasing manner to form the center blossom. When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Arrange seven Small Ripples along each edge of the perimeter of the background to form a border. When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Finish by gluing crystals onto the center blossom with craft glue.