Flowers and Vines Table Runner
Is your table missing that special something? This bright table runner is the perfect way to spice up your space. Not only will it make for a great weekend project, but it offers a delightful range of color, too!
|(5) Fat 1/8||Assorted red/orange batiks||Cut (23) small Flowers*|
Cut (18)large Flowers*
Cut (18) Flower centers*
Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
|1/4 yd||Green batik||Cut (19) Vines*|
Cut (18) Flower center layers*
|2/3 yd||Background fabric|
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric|
|24" x 46"||Batting|
|2 packages||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 19 1/2" x 42"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange Flowers and Vines in a pleasing manner on the background, layering as desired.
- When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.