Gear Table Runner
The wheels of creativity keep on turning! Shift into gear and build a clever presentation that features these perfect die cut shapes.
|12" Square||Gray print||Cut (1) Large Gear*|
|(6) 6" Squares||Assorted gray prints||Cut (6) Small Gears*|
|1 1/3 yd||Black solid||Cut (1) 39" x 17" for the background|
Cut (1) 39" x 17" for the backing
Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|44" x 20"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 39" x 17"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Place the Gears in a pleasing manner on the background.
- When satisfied with placement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.