|1/3 yd||Orange solid||Cut (1) 12" x 42"|
|3/4 yd||Blue print||Cut (1) 27" x 42"|
|5" x 5"||Green print||Cut (1) Monster body*|
|2 1/2" x 3"||Blue print #2||Cut (2) Monster arms*|
|2 1/2" x 3"||Aqua print||Cut (2) large Monster eyes*|
|2 1/2" x 3"||Orange print||Cut (1) Monster teeth*|
|2 1/2" x 3"||Red print||Cut (2) Monster horns*|
|2 1/2" x 3"||Black solid||Cut (2) small Monster eyes*|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 31 3/4" x 20 1/4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the orange fabric wrong sides together and press the fold. Open. Arrange the Monster pieces in a pleasing manner on one half of the fold only, layering as desired. When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Place the orange fabric right-side-up. Place the blue print right-side-down on top of the orange fabric, lining up the raw edges and pin all pieces together. Rolling up the blue fabric, bring up the orange fabric from underneath and pin at the top with the others to form a tube. This will enclose all pieces of the pillowcase inside the white border. This is sometimes called the "Hot Dog" or "Tube" method to make a pillowcase.
- Sew along the raw edge. Carefully pull the blue fabric out of the tube. This will enclose the seam inside the orange fabric. Press.
- Create a French seam by folding the pillowcase wrong sides together. Sew down the side only. Turn inside out. Sew a 5/8" seam down the side only.
- Repeat step 4 to sew the bottom seam.
- Fold right-side-out and press.