Yellow Floral Ripples Wall Hanging
Make colors come alive with this eye-catching pattern to elegantly accent any room. Follow the directions below and see how Sizzix makes quilting quick, easy and fun!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|(3) Fat 1/4||White on white print||Cut (36) 5" Squares for the background|
|(10) 2 1/2" Strips||Yellow floral print||Cut (36) 6 1/4" Ripples*|
Save (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips for binding
|1 yd||Backing fabric|
|34" x 34"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 30" x 30"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Lay out the 5" Squares 6 across by 6 down.
- Sew the Squares together in rows.
- Sew the rows together to form the quilt top.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, place the Ripples on top of the 5" Squares. When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.