|1/3 yd||White fabric||Cut (1) 12" x 42"|
|3/4 yd||Turquoise fabric||Cut (1) 27" x 42"|
|1/4 yd||Lavender frost fabric||Cut (3) Snowflakes*|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 20" x 30"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Project:
- Fold the white fabric wrong sides together and press the fold. Open. Place the Snowflakes in the middle of one half of the fold only. When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch Snowflakes as desired.
- Place the white fabric right-side-up. Place the turquoise fabric right-side-down on top of the other fabrics, lining up the raw edges, pinning all the pieces together. Rolling up the turquoise fabric, bring up the white fabric from underneath and pin it at the top with the others to form a tube. This will enclose all pieces of the pillowcase inside the white border fabric. This is sometimes called the "Hot Dog" or "Tube" method of making a pillowcase
- Sew along the raw edge. Carefully pull the turquoise fabric out of the tube. This will enclose the seam inside the white fabric. Press.
- Create a French seam by folding the pillowcase wrong sides together. Sew down the side only. Turn inside-out. Press. Sew a 5/8" seam down the side only.
- Repeat step 4 to sew the bottom seam.
- Fold right side out and press.