Jewel Squares Pillow
Make your style shine! In just a few fast steps, you can transform pillows into amazing accents. Follow the instructions for an unforgettable pattern and a cherished creation to enhance any setting.
|1/2 yd||Red batik||Cut (2) 16" Squares|
|(49) 2 1/2" Squares||Assorted batiks||Cut (49) 2" Squares|
|1||15" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 15" x 15"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Project:
- Use one 16" square for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside the back for now.
- Arrange 49 Squares on the pillow front, 7 across by 7 down, leaving 1/4" between each Square as seen in picture.
- When satisfied with the arrangement, pin in place.
- Sew the Squares to red fabric leaving raw edges.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.