Rue de Francois Quilt
We've got you covered with this unique pattern. Choose one or several different-sized strips dies and colorful fabrics and make it yours, down to the last detail.
|6" x WOF each||(13) Different floral prints||Cut (25) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF total|
|1 1/2 yd||Gray solid||Cut (27) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF |
Subcut (25) Strips into (50) 2 1/4" x 21" Strips
Cut (6) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|3 yd||Backing fabric|
|52" x 70"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 46" x 64"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Cut the gray 2 1/4" x 21" Strips into uneven 2 1/4" Strip lengths.
- Sew a floral 2 1/4" wide Strip in the middle of two uneven 2 1/4" gray Strips.
- Repeat step 2 to complete all rows.
- Place rows in a pleasing manner so the floral Strips are staggered.
- Sew rows together to complete the quilt top.
- Sew one gray Strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Square up the outside edges of quilt top using a straight-edge ruler.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.