|1 yd||Dark blue solid||Cut (1) 43" x 28"|
|(5) 10" Squares||Variety of bright fabrics||Cut (5) Spirals*|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|49" x 34"||Batting|
|1 1/2 yd||Lightweight fusible adhesive||Cut (5) 10" squares|
- Finished Size: 43" x 28"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Quilt Top:
- After cutting out the Spirals, cut the remaining scraps from around the Spiral into confetti.
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, remove the paper from the back of the Spirals and layout the Spirals and the confetti. There will be one extra Spiral. Save that for another project like a pillow.
- Using the manufacturer's directions, heat fuse the Spirals and confetti in place with an iron. Stitch the Spirals and confetti in place.
- Layer the backing, batting, and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.