Make your style shine! In just a few fast steps, you can easily transform fabric into amazing accents. Follow the instructions for an unforgettable pattern and a cherished creation to enhance any setting.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|40cm square||Solid raspberry cotton|| Cut (1) 2.5cm x 40cm bias strip |
Cut (2) 5" Circles
|10cm square||Pale blue cotton print||Cut (1) large Star*|
|15cm square||Wadding||Cut (1) 5" Circle|
|10cm square||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 13cm x 13cm
- All seam allowances are 6mm unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Heat fuse the Star onto the middle of one of the raspberry Circles and stitch in place, about 2mm from the outer edge of the Star.
- Layer the Circles together - plain Circle, then wadding and Star Circle (right side up). Pin through all layers.
- Shadow quilt around the Star, about 5mm from the outside of the Star.
- Stitch around the outside of the Circle, approximately 3mm from the edge to hold all three layers together.
- To bind the coaster, fold the bias strip in half along the length and press the fold.
- Pin the binding to the top of the coaster, matching raw edges and overlapping the ends. Ease the binding around the Circle so that it will lie flat when stitched.
- Stitch in place with a 5mm seam.
- Press the binding to the outside of the Circle and fold over to the back of the coaster.
- Stitch the folded edge of the binding to the back of the coaster to complete.