Chevron Quilt #3
Make a colorful creation to accent any place or space. With a few high-contrast fabrics and your imagination, you can easily personalize it to your unique preferences.
|1 yd||White solid||Cut (80) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|1/2 yd||White with gray and blue print||Cut (32) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|1/2 yd||Aqua polka dot print||Cut (32) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|1/3 yd||Black with gray and aqua print||Cut (16) 4 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 yd||Backing fabric|
|36" x 48"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 32" x 40"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Sew a pair of solid white and printed Half-Square Triangles, right sides together, along the diagonal seam to form a square. Press towards the darker color. Repeat until all Half-Square Triangles are sewn together to form squares.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, arrange the squares in rows, 8 across by 10 down. Notice in row 1 the print makes a triangle pointing up and row 2 has the print triangle pointed down. This makes the chevron pattern.
- Sew the squares the together to form rows.
- Sew the rows together. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.