A Glamorous Trip Around the World Quilt
Squares can be stylish! Bursting with style, this fun pattern adds distinction to any décor.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|1/2 yd||White with gold stripes||Cut (28) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||Black with white and gold geometric stripes||Cut (28) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||White with gold polka dots||Cut (28) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||Black with gold chevron||Cut (28) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||White with black windowpane||Cut (28) 4 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||Black with gold polka dots||Cut (28) 4 1/2" Squares|
|2/3 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (8) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3 yd||Backing fabric|
|48" x 66"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 44" x 60"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Using the quilt image as a guide, arrange the Squares in rows, 11 across by 15 down.
- Sew 11 blocks together to form a row. Press the seams to one side. Repeat to form 14 more rows.
- Sew the 15 rows together to form the quilt top. Make sure the rows are in the correct order and are not turned upside down. It is easiest to do this by laying out all the rows on a design wall or the floor, then picking up the rows and sewing them together. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.