Half-Oval Eyeglass Case
It's easy to see why this is such a fun project. Just focus on what inspires you and you'll have a project that is lovely to look at.
|5" x 8"||Green (front fabric)||Cut (1) Half-Oval**|
|Fat 1/8||Teal (lining and back fabric)||Cut (3) Half-Ovals**|
|10" x 8"||Plaid (pocket fabric)||Cut (2) Half-Ovals**|
|2" x 6"||Wool felt||Cut (1) eyeglasses*|
|2" x 4"||Gray fabric||Cut (1) eyeglass lenses*|
|11" x 11"||Low loft batting||Cut (2) Half-Ovals**|
|4" x 6"||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 7" x 4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- *= Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- **= Fold fabric in half and place on die below the straight line blade. When cut, there will be 1 large oval.
Assembling the Project:
- Place eyeglasses and lenses onto right side of green fabric. Heat fuse in place with iron. Stitch around as desired.
- To make the pocket, on both plaid fabrics, cut 3" off the top of one end, creating a long Half-Oval. With right sides together, sew across the straight edge. Turn right sides out and press and topstitch.
- Place pocket on the right side of the back Oval and baste in place.
- You now have both the front and the back ready to sew together. Using a ruler and pencil, make a dot on both sides in the seam allowance 6" up from the bottom of the Oval. This is where you will stop sewing the side seams. Repeat with lining fabric.
- Layer batting, lining fabric face up and front fabric face down towards lining fabric. From marking dots, stitch around the top of the oval, stopping at the mark on the other side. Repeat using back fabric.
- With right sides of outer fabric together and right sides of lining fabric together, pin and sew from marking dot around the bottom portion of the case, leaving a 3" hole in the lining fabric to turn case inside out. Turn right side out though opening. Stitch opening closed. Push lining into case and press.
- Stitch opening closed.
- Push lining into bag.