Half-Oval Coin Purse
Ready for some change? Sizzix quilting and appliqué dies create shapes that can be replicated thousands of times for any unique possibility...like this creative coin purse!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|5" x 10"||Blue||Cut (2) Half-Ovals|
|5" x 10"||Purple||Cut (2) Half-Ovals for lining|
|3" x 3"||Pink||Cut (6) Hexagons|
|1" x 1"||Dark pink||Cut (1) Hexagon|
|5" x 10"||Low loft batting|
- Finished Size: 3" x 4"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange Hexagons in a flower pattern on the front of one blue Half-Oval. Stitch as desired.
- Layer the blue fabric right side up, the 4" zipper facing down along the straight edge and the purple lining facing down.
- Pin all the layers in place.
- Using your zipper foot, stitch zipper in place.
- Open up the sewn layers and press fabric away from the zipper.
- Topstitch close to zipper.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for the other side of the zipper.
- Open zipper 3".
- Place right sides of blue fabric together and pin in place.
- Place purple lining right sides together and pin.
- Stitch all the way around the perimeter, leaving a 2" opening in the lining bottom.
- Turn right side out through opening.
- Stitch opening closed.
- Push lining into bag.