|5/8 yd||Background fabric||Cut (1) 22" x 30 1/2"|
|(10) 5" x 5"||Assorted floral prints||Cut (8) Umbrellas*|
|6" x 22"||Dark green print*||Hand-cut rolling grass hills|
|4" x 22"||Light green print*||Hand-cut rolling grass hills|
|Fat 1/8||Gray polka dot fabric||Cut (8) Umbrella handles*|
(Make sure all handles face the same way)
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF|
|5/8 yd||Backing fabric|
|24" x 34"||Batting|
|2 packages||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 22" x 30 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Place the hand-cut rolling grass hills on the white background fabric. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Arrange Umbrellas and handles above the rolling grass hills in a pleasing manner. When satisfied with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.